Mister Chen–Cha House is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy show how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website www.misterchenchahouse.nl;
- you make a booking on our website;
- you make enquiries on our website;
- someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site. By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Mister Chen – Cha House is a restaurant based in Amsterdam. Our registered address is: Linnaeusstraat n. 18 – 1092CK Amsterdam. The other informations about us are: phone +31 020 663 77 71; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking or by using the website;
- when you visit the restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.);
- make an enquiry;
- by partecipating in a marketing initiative, survey or responding to special offers we may send you from time to time;
- by registering or otherwise entering information on or through our website.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfill your booking request and you may dine at our venue. When you make a booking, Mister Chen – Cha House collects information such as:
- name and surname;
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails, ecc.);
- home or work address;
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for use in the case of no-shows;
- telephone number;
- company name;
- dietary requests;
- marketing preferences;
- social profile, such as instagram, facebook ecc.
When you dine or have lunch at Mister Chen – Cha House:
- marketing responses;
- survey responses;
- current and past restaurant reservation details.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood). When you access our sites, there is ‘Device Information’ about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Mister Chen – Cha House. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet);
- operating system;
- IP address;
- browser type;
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history);
- domain names;
- access times;
- referring website addresses;
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, first of all the G.D.P.R.*, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (example, by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, such as the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improve Platform and Services and products, infact we use several categories of information listed above to help us understand how users interact with our Platform, so we can improve user experience and improve our product offerings. The analytics tools we use to analyze this data have the capability of identifying individual users under some circumstances. However, we only use these capabilities to generate sample data reports. We do not use these capabilities to identify individuals;
- Send you service emails, as such booking confirmation and post-dining feedback ecc.;
- For marketing or promotions, if you have opted in to receive them may we send promotional emails from time to time to users who opt-in to receive such emails (you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email). We send promotional emails in relation to your birthday.. We use social media usernames to assist us in de-duplicating contacts in our marketing database. This de-duplication helps us avoid sending duplicate advertising to the same person through multiple e-mail addresses;
- Commercial Transactions, we use your contact/identification information, in conjunction with your payment information through our payment processor, to complete online purchases and communicate any relevant information after the purchase is complete. We also pay some of our affiliates commissions when an affiliate refers someone to us who then makes a purchase. The advocate link allows us to track which referrals came to us through which affiliate, so that we can calculate commissions;
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your informations?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation. We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (example, for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors and other third parties to provide our Site and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Mister Chen – Cha House holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected.
For Mister Chen – Cha House the Data security is very important to us, we take security seriously and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site. We use commercially reasonable methods to transmit your data securely including HTTPS, TLS/SSL protocol, and public key encryption. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
By using the Platform, you represent that you are at least 16 years old. The Service is a general audience service. Our content is not directed towards children who are under the age of 16, nor do we knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, that information will be deleted. Parents who have questions about personal information that has been submitted by a child under the age of 16 should email us at the address email@example.com.
Sources of data
Most of the personal data we collect comes through various forms across our Platform. Certain fields on these forms are mandatory in order for us to complete the associated transactions.
We also collect data from your browser. This data collection occurs automatically as a consequence of your browser interacting with our servers. This data is captured in logs
We collect personal information from third-party service providers including, for example, American Express (global dining program), Facebook (Facebook lead forms), Full Contact (provides additional contact information by matching e-mail address with full contact database, and verifies e-mail addresses are valid), Hotspot International (photo booths), Woobox (sweepstakes administration) ecc. We only receive your information from these services if you give them consent to share it with us.
Online tracking & your choices
- Session cookies cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our Site. These disappear after you close your browser;
- Persistent cookies, which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to our Site. These allow us to remember your information, so you will not have to re-enter it multiple times, to better understand how you use our Platform, and otherwise enhance our Platform, products, and services;
- Email tracking in some of our email messages, infact we could use a ‘click-through URL’ linked to content on the Site. We track this click-through data to help us measure the effectiveness of our customer communications.
- Google Analytics. If you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can do it going here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout;
- Google AdWords. If you want to opt out of Google AdWords, you can do it going here https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922.
Third-party tracking & interest-based advertising
Third-party sites & social media
We do not share your personal information outside of our corporate group for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to our products and services without asking you first. We do not rent or sell our customer lists. However, there are still a few limited situations where we share personal information such as:
- External processing: We have vendors, service providers, and technicians who help with some of our processing and storage. They also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems. These external processors potentially access your information while doing their work, but they are not allowed to use any of your data for purposes unrelated to our products and services;
- Data validation/enrichment: We share personal data with a third-party service provider called FullContactfor the purpose of verifying if the data is current, as well as enriching it with relevant information from public databases, such as location and demographics;
- Business transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information will likely be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection;
- Legal reasons: We will provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process ecc.;
- Aggregate/Anonymized data: We share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we publish trends about our events and venues. We take steps to keep this non-personal information from being associated with you and we require our partners to do the same.
If you wish to opt-out of our marketing communications and data sharing practices, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even though you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages.
We do not retain your personal data indefinitely. We employ a data retention policy which ensures we can complete our contractual and legal obligations, as well as meet our internal business intelligence needs. You may request more information about how we retain your personal information through a data request described in the following section.
Your rights to your data
You have the right to request a copy of the data we have on you and know how we use that information. If you wish to request this information, send an email to email@example.com with the word “Access” in the subject line. The email account from which you send the email request must match the email account for the personal data record requested. Depending on the amount and categories of data in the requested record, we will respond to your initial email with additional questions to verify that your identity matches the requested record. While we fully respect your right to request your data, we must verify your identity first.
If you find any mistakes in your data record, you may request that we correct the record by emailing your corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the word “Correction” in the subject line. If we decide not to correct your data record, we will explain our reason(s) in writing within 30 days.
You have the right to request that we erase the data we possess regarding you. If you wish to exercise this right, send an email to email@example.com with the word “Erase” in the subject line. If we decide not to erase your data record, we will explain our reason(s) in writing within 30 days.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of the personal data that we have collected about you; for example, where you believe that the personal data that hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held.
RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY
In certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided us in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, and the right to obtain that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF DATA
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data.
RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
You have the right to request that we stop sending you marketing communications.
RIGHT NOT TO BE SUBJECT TO DECISIONS BASED SOLELY ON AUTOMATED PROCESSING INCLUDING PROFILING
In certain circumstances, you have the right no to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – including profiling – that produces legal effects or similarly affects you.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
We may seek to rely on your consent in order to process certain personal data. Where we do so, you have the right not to provide your consent, and the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing conducted based on consent before its withdraw.
You have the right to file a complaint with a relevant data protection supervisory authority and the right to file a complaint in court if you feel we have violated this policy. If so, we will cooperate with the authority to resolve the issue.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us:
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
By postal mail at: Mister Chen – Cha House, Linaeusstraat n. 18 – 1092CK Amsterdam.
* The G.D.P.R. is the EU General Data Protection Regulation which was developed by the European Parliament and Council for the protection of data rights of the EU citizens. If you want more information, we suggest you to visit here https://gdpr-info.eu/
Date of last update: 15 april 2019